If You are Sure, You Are Wrong
August 26, 2020
We have all seen smart companies make poor decisions. Strategist Mark Chussil discusses how companies reach bad decisions. No one sets out to make bad decisions, yet bad decisions get made. We know because no businessperson sets out to fail, yet businesses fail.
In this provocative, irreverent webinar Mark outlines:
• Four reasons why businesses fail even though they strategize with true due diligence.
• Three ways to raise your business’ odds of success.
• Why “it depends” is competitive intelligence’s best friend, and confidence is not.
AI, AI Everywhere…How Will It Change CI?
July 29, 2020
Artificial intelligence (AI) seems to be everywhere. AI and big data analytics have already significantly and irreversibly changed most industries. How are they impacting competitive intelligence?
• How will the promise and hype of big data and AI impact the CI profession?
• How will upcoming changes compare to earlier Information Age technological developments like digitization of corporate data, broadband Internet, social media, and open source intelligence that enabled competitive intelligence (CI) practitioners to proliferate?
• How can CI practitioners adapt to not only survive, but even prosper, in an AI-enabled world?
• How can education prepare future analysts for these evolutionary changes?
CI Fellows will address these questions – and yours! – in this upcoming webinar.
Dr. Fred Hoffman and CI Fellow Dr. Shelly Freyn present, “The Future of Competitive Intelligence in an AI-enabled World.”
Competitive Intelligence & Navigating Social Change
June 24, 2020
2020 has become the year of the unexpected. The pandemic caused major disruptions in working environments, global commerce, and economies. Intelligence practitioners have helped our organizations navigate these uncharted waters and we did it quickly.
Now, people and countries across the globe are confronting racism and organizations are responding for their customers, their brands, their employees, future recruiting, and marketing. What’s ahead? How do experienced intelligence practitioners help our organizations and clients navigate this social change? How do we advise decisions makers? The CI Fellows explores these issues and discuss how, through intelligence, we can….
• Track and understand rapidly evolving issues and responses from the public, our customers, lawmakers.
• Help managers reflect on how their brand is viewed by targeted segments, potential buyers, and prospective employees.
• Help our organizations minimize biases that can lead to unintended public reactions.
Adapting Intelligence Techniques Through Uncertainties
May 27, 2020
The Covid-19 pandemic has necessitated adapting our intelligence practices through evolving and uncertain conditions. How are practitioners adapting? How can we keep up with developments with competitors, with our industries, and in the macroenvironment proactively, efficiently, and effectively? What are we learning about managing our “new normal”?
Competitive Intelligence: What Have We Learned…And What’s Next?
We’re celebrating the 30th year of the first Competitive Intelligence Fellows! As we kick off our celebration of this milestone year with our April webinar, we’ll look at CI practices over the decades and into the future: What have we learned? What’s ahead for CI…and in these VUCA times? How can we prepare? In this webinar, we hear from CI Fellows, discuss what’s on your radar, and talk about exciting new initiatives the Council of Competitive Intelligence Fellows will launch for the CI practice community in 2020.
Competitive Intelligence in the Time of COVID-19
March 31, 2020
As companies, intelligence practitioners, and managers grapple with the rapidly evolving developments and effects of the COVID-19 global pandemic, we have more questions than answers. How will this impact industries? What can we do to mitigate risks? What are we learning about our CI practices and capabilities? CI practitioners are challenged to maintain situational awareness, exercise foresight, provide insights – and ask the right questions – under changing conditions, higher volumes of information, the proliferation of misinformation and disinformation, and wider intelligence gaps. The CI Fellows as we explore this new and shifting intelligence landscape, share observations, discuss best and evolving practices – and discuss practitioners’ questions.