Sound ethical practices are foundational to the generation of sound competitive intelligence. Among the Council’s CI Fellows are thought and practice leaders who have helped create and establish ethical policies for CI associations, top corporations, and the CI practice community. The Council holds our CI Fellows to the highest level of ethical conduct across disciplines (competitive intelligence, industry, academia, professional, etc.) and to comply with all applicable laws. We also advocate, promote, and support such ethical and legal behaviors and standards in across organizations and in the CI practitioner community.
All CI Fellows will:
- Pursue their duties with enthusiasm and diligence while maintaining the highest degree of professionalism and avoiding all unethical practices, such as misrepresentation, plagiarism, and bribe taking, etc.
- Conduct our business with integrity in all of our dealings with customers, colleagues and the general public.
- Maintain respect and dignity for the individual and ensure all parties are treated in an honest and fair manner.
- Comply with all applicable laws and in such a way as to attain the highest standard across CI disciplines (competitive intelligence, industry, academia, profession).
- Fully respect all requests for confidentiality of information, maintaining confidentiality of non-public information and not act on such information for personal gain.
- Promote and encourage compliance with these ethical standards among those with whom we do business.
- All CI Fellows are committed to faithfully adhering to and abiding by these ethical guidelines.